Our Client is a global provider of air freight. Their primary mission is to support the other business units by ensuring customers have the financing they need to buy and receive delivery of their products.
Operations Engineer (m/w/d)
Your future tasks and responsibilities:
- Designing, testing, and certifying the look, feel, and operational behavior of the flight deck, from the early conceptual phase to supporting airplanes through their service life.
- Establishing design requirements for changes and enhancements to the flight crew interface on existing or new commercial airplane models, and testing and implementing those improvements.
- Leading multi-functional reviews to understand airplane-level impacts of system failures and the associated flight deck effects and pilot actions.
- Supporting product development efforts to identify new and emerging technologies to increase aviation safety and add new value to products or services.
- Prototyping cockpit layouts using commercial and company-unique computing tools, and validating design requirements and flight deck design philosophies during test programs using analysis, flight deck simulators, and flight test airplanes.
- Collaborating with pilots, designers, and systems engineers to ensure flight deck interfaces and flight management automation complements the cognitive, physical, sensory and ergonomic capabilities of pilots.
- Ensuring practical application of the system and human factors design principles, commonality and integration with other mission objectives.
A flight deck engineer can have a focus area which may include: airplane system functions (hydraulics, electrical, flight controls, etc.), display formats, menus and control interfaces, display hardware, flight management system, instrument panel layouts, crew alerting, electronic flight bag, crew personal electronic devices, failure effects and analysis, navigation, communication equipment, crew procedures, and crew training. Engineers in this position are expected to independently work assignments, collaborate with teammates, and receive tasking from a lead engineer.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BSc in Aerospace Engineering, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors or related subject area or pilot with extensive technical knowledge of commercial airplanes;
- Knowledge of flight deck operations and human factors/ergonomics or user experience/user interface design;
- Min. 2 years of applicable experience in industry or academia
- Experience in planning, conduct and analysis of flight and simulator tests
Your professional future:
- You will find a job in an international team that has worked on exciting and challenging topics in an innovative and creative environment.
- You will receive a performance-based compensation under attractive working conditions and a lot of creative freedom to implement their own ideas into action.
We look forward to receiving your application!